Monday, March 27, 2006

Come Monday It Will Be Alright

I woke up today feeling better than I had in some time. I think crying myself to sleep last week and finally letting go of Betty may have been the turning point in this depression. I am still very sad over the loss. I still miss my Butterball like there is no tomorrow. But, something has changed.

I finished reading a book this weekend. Did I mention this before? My therapist gave me homework of which part was to finish the book I have been reading for the last 4 months. It never takes me this long to finish a book. It was just the energy required wasn't there. So, I finished it. Loretta was right. I did feel better. I felt so much better that I started another one and only have 60 pages left. Granted, it is a short book. I am reading the first in the CS Lewis series on Narnia. Somehow, this one had escaped my attention and I am thrilled to learn about the birth of Narnia. I am excited to be getting back in touch with this side of myself. I guess reading really is for mentals.

It was 66 in Oregon today. Wow! The sun was out. There is a breeze in the air. I think spring might have arrived just in time to perk me up. I see that my roses are busy in their spring growth. The first flowers will simply take my breath away. And, I think my pain will start to ease as the chill leaves the air. There is hope in spring and I feel it in my spirit. Despite all that can be wrong physically, I love and am loved. That will be enough to get me through tomorrow.

Family and friends, I love you.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when my dad read us all of the narnia books, I must have been 11 or so. Something great to remember. He was always the voice I imagined for Aslan when I read them myself. Glad I ran across this thing...

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Maybe I'll have to read them again. I don't remember liking any of the books except The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Maybe I should give them another try. I just finished a sweet little fairy tale for young adults called Stardust by Neil Gaiman. A quick read I enjoyed a lot.
BTW - We love you too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home