Friday, May 09, 2008

Life goes on...

Not much happening in Hillsboro these days. We mostly go to work and come home and then do it all again the next day. On the weekends, we get to sleep in and then play. Last week we went to see "Iron Man" at the movies and it was terrific. It was a nice treat even if the movies are getting very expensive to go see.

Next week, I go in for a hysterectomy. They are doing laparscopically which is pretty cool. I will spend two weeks at home and that is about it. Not a big deal. Just something that needed to be done and now is as good a time as any.

The family is doing okay. I am not sure my mom is ever going to get over Tom's death. She struggles to maintain a weight of 98 pounds. She hardly eats anymore. She just looks so frail, like if you hug her, you might break her. She needs to see a therapist but she won't. They have tried grief counseling but I don't know how good it is. Part of it is that my dad doesn't really miss Tom all that much and I think that upsets my mom more than anything else.

This weekend Paul and I are going to play cards with another couple. I am working on getting us some sort of social lite. We are both such homebodies. It is taxing to go out but we will do it and we will have fun!!!

Well, gotta go.

Love to all.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM , Blogger aniroo said...

We're homebodies too. With the price of gas as high as it is, we'll barely be able to afford to go to work. Maybe I can do some of it from home? Anyway, I remember playing cards a lot in college when I should have been doing homework. I like playing cards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home