Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My best friend

My best girl friend has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. Because it is widespread, they do not know for sure what kind of cancer it is yet. We are still waiting on word from the doctors. I am not particularly fond of her doctors and their lack of communication with her. I say we because I am going through this by her side. I get just as anxious and worried as she does. I know that I am more depressed than she is over this. I also know because it is the numbers of people I love that have died in the last two years. Someone told me that I will get accustomed to it as time goes by and I get older. I think 42 is very young to be use to this already.

Have I told you that being in HR stinks at times? I had a very hard termination to walk a manager through last week and this. I knew it was the right thing but my heart was strained over it. For the most part I love my job. And then there are times when I absolutely think I can't go it anymore. Nobody ever tells you in advance that there will be times that your head must override your heart. Bah!

Other than that, life is good. My computer screen just turned all pink. Pink is a lovely color, don't you think? This is a nice bright pink. It looks like a fluorescent Pepto-Bismol. I have a feeling this it not a good thing since I can't get it to go back to white. Gotta go.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I guess it is a sign of growing up that more and more people you know get sick or pass away. The only good thing is that you have so many friends and family that care about you. We would all grieve for you if something bad happened.

I'm not even sure what HR does, but if it involves having to take people through grievance procedures and such like, I've done a little bit of that. I don't like it at all. Also I don't like having to discipline children. I'd just as soon let bygones be bygones, but sometimes that's not the best thing for the kids.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

Glad to hear that you got the Human Relations thing done. I know it is tuff. I did that a few times when being Dean and having to let faculty go who were not up to snuff.

When I check the Obits in my hometown paper to see if any classmates have died I'm always surprise to see the number of people in that part of the world who die in their 30' and 40's. Of course it is the same thing here. Life is fragile. j

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home