Friday, May 18, 2007

And time marches on

Time marches on bringing more news of loss. My aunt passed away on Monday. She had muscular dystrophy and had been bed-ridden for some time now. She developed pneumonia. When they took her to the hospital, the doctor was upfront and said she wasn't going to make it through this time.

So, the news came in on Saturday. They were going to take her off the ventilator on Saturday. And then it was Sunday. They finally disconnected the ventilator on Monday and she gently passed away.

Aunt Dotty was a very neat and special woman. Although she suffered greatly through her life, I can only remember smiles on her face. We had a special relationship due to some care giving I did for her mom, my grandma, after she had a stroke. I would send her flowers every once and awhile to cheer her day.

I miss her. I grieve for her. She is in a better place. I know that. But I miss her and I always will.

Love, hugs and flowers to all.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

Strange you should have an "Aunt Dotty". Paul may remember that he has one as well. Betty's Sister-in Law. Dotty Clarkson has not been at all well the past few months and has, I beleive, COPD.

Time, indeed, marches on without regard to our own wishes.

Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home