Saturday, December 30, 2006

In loving memory

Laura S Gerarge

Soul sister and friend. Died of sarcoma on December 25. She was more than a good friend to me. We often thought we were soul sisters, connected through time. She was the epitome of love. I would leave her singing voicemails just to make her laugh. I would call her just to hear her voice. She was all about love and caring and generosity. She was an earthly angel. I know that she watches over me even now. My soul sister is not lost she has moved on to another part of the journey. She will be there when I get there and I will recognize her always.

We shared a love of the Wizard of Oz and all things Oz related. We share a love of people and a sense of responsibility for things around us. I know that she knew that I loved her dearly. I never hesitated to let her know that I loved her and I am thankful for that. I will miss her terribly. More than a friend. Laura was a good, honest and gentle soul. This place will be lessened because of her absence.

Laura, sweetheart, you were the best friend a girl could have. I will miss those times when we got to "bond" at Pedros or even in the cafe. I will miss knowing that you are there when I come to town. You've gone home. I will meet you there someday. Love you.

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM , Blogger David, Laird of Kilnaish said...

Lord, hear our prayer.

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger jiffypete said...

From what you wrote I can almost hear Laura say "There's no place like home" God bless you

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

God bless you in this loss. I am continally strengthened by the love of family and friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home