Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I didn't make it to the gym

So I didn't go swimming and I didn't get in the hot tub. I was in so much pain by the time that Paul came to get me that I had to take Vicodin just to get out to the car. It was excruciating and I knew I wouldn't be able to make the walk through the gym to get to the spa. That is just plain sad but true. So, I went home, stretched out and cuddled with Paul for 30 minutes and that made me feel better. That and the Vicodin was finally kicking in.

I watch "House" with great interest in his dependence on pain medication. There is a difference between addiction and dependence. House has moved to addiction. There are just days that I am dependent on pain medication the way a diabetic is dependent on insulin. I don't get the modern medical establishment. They would rather let people suffer in pain before risking taking a stand in defense of a patient that needs pain medication to survive the day. I don't need it everyday. I don't need it most days. But the days that I do need it, I don't want to have to fight with my doctor to get it. We treat animals better than we treat humans when it comes to pain management.

But that isn't why I am posting today. It is just an observation. Today has been a good day if you don't count the pain and we try to never count that since it is outside my circle of control. I have time at work to work on my personal development. I am taking a series of courses designed to aid me in getting my Professional HR certificate. I love learning new things although there are some fine details that I am finding harder to retain. Today's course was on sexual harassment. There are some very fine legal definitions that I struggled with in today's course. I guess I have to take another course to figure it out. Does that mean I failed sexual harassment? No. I got a 100% on the test but only by doing what I thought was the opposite of what I should answer. How's that for logic?

Larry is supposed to come over tonight. We haven't seen him in a while so we will take him out to dinner. He is harder to catch these days now that he is a working member of society. He works on the Portland Spirit being a bus boy. He likes his job and hopes to work his way up to server soon. The job caters to his performing schedule so that he can still make play practices. I look forward to seeing him. I will give him a hug from all of you.

Love to all.

3 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger David, Laird of Kilnaish said...

Yeah. Put my name on that hug too. I think of the west coast cousins as the ones I really don't know. Oh well.

My medicine theory has always been as few as possible and as many as necessary. I plan to take my cold meds, my novel, and a pile of blankets and blow off studying my script. I won't remember anything any way.

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

The way my feet have been hurting latley, I'm glad that I can manage it with Ibuprophen. Still hurts, but not so much.

We've had many 2-4 hour workshops on sexual harrassment and I must say that I found the first few interesting, but after that it gets tedious. Just be civil to each other and don't act like the office is the boys' locker room.

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger aniroo said...

PS. I forgot to say that I really like the new look of your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home