Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas baking time

So, today I made a chocolate pound cake. I haven't made one in eons and I decided to make one for Christmas. Turns out that it may not make it to Christmas. Paul has been eyeing it rather closely. I splurged and bought that special baker's sugar and it seems have made a huge difference in the consistency of the batter. Only time will tell how good it is. It is still cooling in the kitchen. I can't wait to cut into it. I have been very good this year in regards to eating candy. We still have leftover Halloween candy in the house. Did I lose my sweet tooth?

The week turned out to be fairly busy with all of the Adopt-a-Family activities. We adopted two families in our group at work. Friday afternoon, Paul, Sheila and I went shopping to finish out the gifts for the families. Then Paul and I spent several hours yesterday wrapping presents. They are all piled up in the house waiting for delivery tomorrow along with the groceries. This is a favorite project of mine through the holiday's. I hope Dad doesn't mind that I spent the some of the money he sent on making Christmas better for families in need.

The power went out here last night. Turns out there was an explosion and fire at the substation and most of the county was without power. We talked in the dark and then went to bed early for a change. Paul's CPAP machine wasn't working so he didn't sleep as well. I slept pretty well.

Today has a been a beautiful day with great weather. It has been cold but not nearly as cold as Colorado and Montana. But in a rare show, the sun was out and we could open the blinds and let the light in.

Love to all.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

I'M Glad to have been a part of your bringing some cheer to a needy family.

Dad

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Chocolate cakes in our house nver make it to the "cooled" down stage. Sounds yummy.

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger jiffypete said...

I baked cookies last week I knew Annnie and Bill were coming over. Bad form to have an empty cookie jar with family over

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home