Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What a nice weekend

It is great to have Dad with us. Things have been very relaxed and unplanned. That is how I live my life so I am glad Dad is okay with it. We had a very nice trip to Mt. St. Helens. She was steaming good and this it the first time I could see the steam from Johnston Ridge. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous.

Will, Karyn and the boys came over yesterday. We had a good time eating and talking. I had made a new dessert recipe, key lime cake. It is tart! It pairs well with vanilla ice cream. It was a very easy recipe and I will probably make it again some time. I wonder if Paul and Dad have left me any.

Relaxation therapy begins tonight. I can't wait. This is something I have been looking forward to as relaxing is the only way I am going to sleep peacefully. I had the worst dream on Sunday night. I dreamed that my father had died and I woke up with tears running down my cheek. It was so real to me and hard not to believe. The dream precipitated a call to my parental units yesterday to make sure that all was well.

Work is quiet today. It is kind of weird for it to be this quiet. I think it is the calm before the storm. With any luck, I'll actually get out of here on time today.

Happy trails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home