Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Redwood National Forest

I don't even know how to begin to describe all the beautiful and breathtaking things I have seen. The drive here was amazing. We have been to the Trees of Mystery where we took a gondola ride to the top of some redwoods. At the observation platform, we could see mountains and trees on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. We took some picture while there and I am trying to get the pictures uploaded on Facebook. We drove the Avenue of the Giants. I have never seen trees of this size. They are truly magnificent. The Founders Tree was almost 345 feet tall and the first limbs did not start until 200 feet up. I felt as close to God there as anywhere else I have ever been. I walked through those trees with Paul and we both felt the peace and the significance of what we were seeing.

And today, we went to an aquarium that was sure to be a cheesy tourist trap but Paul took me because it was my birthday and I wanted to go. Pictures and movies to be uploaded next connection. I had the opportunity to pet a shark, a leopard shark. I was so velvety and plush. If you ever get the chance, take it. And then, a special treat was offered. They brought the female sea lion, Red, on to the deck with us. That sea lion kissed me on both cheeks, a once in a lifetime event.

The birthaverisary is going well. I am having a great time on my birthday and our anniversary. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful world. Take a moment today to appreciate the world that God created for us. Love to all.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger David, Laird of Kilnaish said...

And Happy Birthday from the expectant Grandfather.

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Pam said...

A better sabbatical there has never been! God bless you and may He make ALL your dreams come TRUE!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home