Friday, March 31, 2006

It's 3:00 a.m.

Yes, I can't sleep. I had a migraine which ended up so severe that I went to the emergency room. There I was given an IV dose of Compazine which made my stomach feel better but not my head. I was then given a shot of morphine. It helped ease the pain but the headache was still really bad. Then I was given an IV dose of Dilaudid (sp?). That worked so they handed me some vicodin and sent me home with instructions to take 2 when I got home.

I took those two plus my other medications that are supposed to help me sleep. Yet, here I am wide awake at 3 in the morning. Most people would have been knocked out by any of the drugs mentioned above. Not me, though. No, I take enough sleep causing drugs to keep an elephant asleep and I still can't sleep. How rotten is that?

Besides the headache, I had a great day. My boss gave me a high priority project that I finished well ahead of schedule. I was just humming right along at work as happy as could be. Yes, I said happy. I was laughing. I was joking. I was on a roll. I was feeling great. Then, the great pain message went to the brain and once again I was crying. So, yes, pain does cause depression.

Either way, I am on some happy drugs now. Vicodin can make me loopy and it has once again. I don't know that it kills the pain but it does make me not give a rat's patootie that I am in pain. Drugs are interesting that way.

Someone asked about my award. I won the Intel Administrative Excellence Award, the highest award an admin can win at Intel. I am working on a project to train and develop other HR admins. It has gone really well and has brought me to the realization that God has me where I am for a reason. I don't know what it is yet but I do know that it must be a great one. God really is good to Paul and me.

Sapphire kitty is laying on my legs right now. She is perplexed as to why I am up. But then again, so am I.

Brandon and Larry are having a gathering of friends at our place tonight. We are going to have a Mexican dinner. I am making tortilla stack-ups. We have all the fixings like salsa, chips, avocados, sour cream, and bagged salsa salad. We ordered an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. It will be a great time if I am awake for it. Well, I have to be awake to make dinner. Larry and Brandon love tortilla stackups. If you want the recipe let me know. It is super easy.

Later I will tell you all about my new lifestyle coach from the Mayo Clinic as well about my efforts to get healthier and stay that way.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi and I watched this special on PBS the other night about hypnotherapy in regards to pain management. I don't know a lot about it...but it looked interesting. Yay house party...
sadly enough I can't tell brandon and larry apart, I guess that comes from never seeing them as they were growing up... :(

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Coincidently, I was awake at 3:00 am also.The coincidence ends there though. I just was worried about a kid at school. I finally fell asleep around 5:30. Lucky me, most of my problems get better when I sleep on them, not worse.

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

So? I have to find out about your Blog spot by reading a comment on mine? Do send us the recipie for the stack ups. Pete, I'm sure, can make good us of it. I found some soup Mom bought months ago, chicken tortillo soup in a box with flash frozen chicken which had been sealed. It was on the shelves downstairs. Very good for supper tonight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home