Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tortilla Stack-Ups

Dad wanted the recipe so I thought I would post. They were a big hit at the party and I am lucky I made two batches since the kids gobbled them up like they were never going to get food again. Katie, Brandon's girlfriend, and Liz made the guacamole and did one terrific job. I prepped the stack-ups and then had Paul and the kids do the rest of the work. Delegation rocks!

Tortilla Stack-ups

8 soft tortilla wraps - size depends on the size of your round cake pans. I use the large ones.
4 cups shredded cheese - I use the Colby Chedder mix
1 pound meat - your choice - I use hamburger
1 pkg Taco seasoning mix - You can get any flavor or use fajita mix or whatever floats your boat
Water (see the taco seasoning mix package for how much)
1 small can chopped green chilis

Preheat oven to 400.
Brown meat in skillet. Add seasoning mix and follow directions on package
You need two round cake pans - I use non-stick but you can use another and just spray with Pam
Put a tortilla in the bottom of the each cake pan.
Put 1/4 meat mixture in each pan.
Sprinkle on cheese.
Put in another tortilla in each pan.
Put 1/4 meat mixture in each pan.
Sprinkle on cheese.
Put in another tortilla.
Put half green chilis in each pan.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Put in another tortilla.
Spray top with Pam (it will brown lightly).
Cook for 20 minutes.
Cut and serve.

You can serve with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole or sliced avocados, refried beans, and salsa.

It makes enough for leftovers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home