Friday, April 07, 2006

A second Thursday night in the ER

And this time it wasn't because of me. Last week, I was in the ER on Thursday for a migraine. This week, it was Paul. We had gone to the gym so I could get in the pool and experience another pain-free hour of exercise and relaxation. Paul comes out and gets in the pool and I notice that he has a nose bleed. He leaves the pool and goes back in the locker room. I start stretching and swimming. He still hasn't come out. When he finally does, it is to say we need to go because he can't get it to stop.

So, off we go. We first went to Urgent Care in my attempt to save Intel some money. They tried packing it there but he just kept bleeding. This is no small amount of blood either. He is gushing it everywhere. They tell us to go to the ER. He keeps gushing blood. (Yes, I have thrown that towel away.) Paul bled for over 2 and a half hours before they could get it under control. The ER doc had to pack it again and it finally stopped. We got home around 11.

So, Paul is at home today, hopefully getting the rest and fluids that he needs. He is on some antibiotics to keep from getting a staph infection. He says the ENT doc on Monday to have the packing removed. He also needs to see his regular doc because his blood pressure is elevated.

I say that we have had enough of that ER. This is the third visit in 5 weeks for us. Two migraines and a nose bleed and a lot of pain for both of us. I just don't know when this cycle of weirdness is going to end for us. It has been costly and emotionally draining. I feel like it will never stop at this rate.

Well, I better get back to work. Keep praying for us that this cycle stops soon.

Love to all.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

I have perdic nose bleeds which so far I've been able to stop with several applications of a gob of tissue. this afternoon it started when I picked a small scab. It is always the right nostril, and sometimes just starts. Often after a sneezing spell.

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger aniroo said...

I remember Paul having nosebleeds when he was a kid. Funny the things you don't outgrow. Well, not funny actually. You guys are do for some FUN weirdness and not all this ER stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home