Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Back at work

Back at work and things are slow. Intel is undergoing an efficiency study right now to see how we can become more nimble. I hope they don't stop by my desk anytime soon.

It has been great to see everyone and get caught up. It hasn't been easy pain wise. The swelling in my leg is so bad that I am having a hard time putting on the blasted support hose. My leg just throbs by the end of the day. And, well, the pain is incredible. I think it is all the walking I have to do everyday. I swear that they put in an invisible football field between my desk and the bathroom. The building is much larger than I remember it. Getting a cup of ice water turns out to be a real challenge.

Today is Paul's birthday. I am so excited for him. I spent Sunday in the kitchen making his birthday cake. I made, from scratch, a chocolate buttermilk cake with raspberry filling and chocolate ganache as icing. We cut into it on Monday and this one came out really good. Larry and Brandon are coming over for dinner tonight. We will see if we have any cake left after they get through with it.

Hope all is well with everyone.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Happy Birthday! That cake sounds delicious!
Does your chair have wheels? At school the kids give each other rides in the chairs with wheels. That would keep you off your feet.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Louise said...

The cake is delicious. I may have to make one for my birthday.

My chair does have wheels but no one is rolling me anywhere! I got the sympathy vote at the PC cube where they service our notebooks. They fixed my manager's on the spot because I had a cane and a limp.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home