Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I'm Back

Well, it has been odd to be offline for so very long. Although I have all the time in the world, I just have not been up to posting. Does that mean I am up for it today? Not really but I wanted to post a progress update.

This surgery was much harder on me than the original surgery. I have had a very difficult time dealing with the pain. I run a low grade fever every day and there are times not to talk to me. I am miserable starting at around 7:00 every night until I manage to fall asleep. Sleep has been elusive. Last night I was up until 2:00 and then up again at 5 and then 7. After Paul left for work, I did get back to sleep for another hour. I end up sleeping in Paul's chair on most nights as I can get more comfortable there than I can lying flat on my back in bed.

The days pass very slowly. I am not yet to the point where I can read for any length of time. Apparently, pain medicine does more than help with the pain. It totally confuses me. I can read the same paragraph six times before I really understand what it says.

Paul and Brandon have been great making sure. Brandon was over for a few days last week helping me out while Paul was at work. He also comes down and takes me to the doctor. Of course, I have to pay him to do it but it lets him earn some money and makes life easier on Paul.

Well, I am going to go for now. My love to all.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

glad that you are at least able to sit at the computer for a brief time. It is good to hear how you are doing, and I pray for release from that pain. Glad that Brandon is available when needed. Love and hugs, Dad

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Hope your recuperation speeds up now that you are able to write about it. Just blog away the pain. ???

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger jiffypete said...

Good to have you back. I've checking the blog to see how you're doing. Will continue to lift you up in prayer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home