Thursday, May 11, 2006

Senior Citizen's Discount...Me? What?

That's right. I received my first senior citizen's discount last night at the ripe old age of 41! I knew I was looking tired, I just didn't know I was looking that bad. Sheesh!

Paul and I went to IHop last night after work and before my therapy appointment. We ordered and ate and the bill was $24. No biggie. We get to the register and the non-native English cashier mumbled something and our bill was $16. She points to the wall where it explains that senior citizens get a buy one get one free discount on Monday through Friday between 3 and 6.

We are officially old. Or Paul is old and I am decrepit. Free food is good but I am still uncertain as to how to feel about the reason we got the food.

Senior citizen's discount. Ha!

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

Ask Ken and Pete about their Senior Discount boat trip last summer on Lake George. Of course they were with a Senior at the time - Mom.

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

WOW! I've been throwing away the AARP junk mail for a few years now, but other than my students inferring that I'm old, no one has offered me the senior discount. . . yet. Play it for all it's worth.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home