Monday, May 08, 2006

And sometimes the answer is no

It isn't that He didn't hear my prayers. It isn't that He didn't answer. He answered my prayers but the answer was no. He is all-knowing so a no is hard to hear at times. Maybe I need to overcome my fears and this is what it is all about. Secretly, I know what I am making this post. I want to change the answer.

Usually, in my life, if I tell enough people that something is going to happen, it doesn't happen. So, I am telling anyone reading that my knee surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am on May 19. I haven't even seen the doctor and the surgery is scheduled. There are two options now. Either it has to be done earlier than that OR it doesn't happen at all. See how my logic works. I am, of course, hoping for the latter. I don't even know what is wrong. I know that between my bone scan and my blood tests, something came back that said I needed surgery. I will find out tomorrow.

Other than that, things here are fine. Paul and I went to see Celtic Woman yesterday at the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall. The show was absolutely terrific and left me with such a sense of peace. Too bad the seats were such that my long legs did not fit well in the row, squishing my knees against the seat in front of me. The show was worth the pain. Although, life on pain killers is not what it is cracked up to be. Those things deaden everything, including emotions. It is like being in the middle of a horrid depression. Your choice is to not take the medicine and be in pain OR take the medicine and walk through life not caring. I don't like either flipping option.

Well, hope that all is well with everyone else. My love and hugs.

May God hold you in the palms of his hands.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

May all your prayers be answered in a more positive manner. Believe me, I know what "no" means.

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Louise said...

We all learned what no means and the pain that a single two letter word can bring. I hope the four letter word of love brings you some comfort and peace. Thanks for loving me for being me. I love you precisely because you are just who you are.

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

WOW! I didn't know they could schedule surgery BEFORE they told you why you needed it. Is there a chance that the surgery will make the pain go away? Sooner rather than later.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger Louise said...

The pain will cease after the surgery at some point. I was at that point when the car accident happened. There I was living a life free of pain in the knee and then BAM! The doctor reports that the prothetic has been removed from the bone which is what is causing so much pain. I hate being on painkillers all the time but it will soon be over.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home