Friday, June 09, 2006

Is there life outside these four walls?

I have been trapped in the house for almost three weeks now. My only release has been to go to the doctor, the emergency room or physical therapy. None of those places really count as getting out of the house to me. I know every flaw in our house intimately now. Sometimes I sit and stare at one or two of them and wonder how I am going to fix them when I can't even walk on my own yet.

Television is no longer holding any of my interest. I don't really think that it was before, I just had pain killers that made me not care about anything. Now that I am trying to wean myself off of the blasted things, I am acutely aware of how slowly time passes everyday. You know it is bad when you actually look forward to the excruciating pain of physical therapist. Randy, the therapist, is some kind of sadist. He took too much joy in inflicting pain this morning. Worse yet, I have therapy at 7:00 a.m.

The rose garden is beautiful. Paul made a nice arrangement of some of the roses and some lavender and put them in a vase for me. I have literally watched some of the buds bloom. That is almost as fun as watching the time go by on the clock at night.

Misery time starts around 7:30 to 8:00 at night. I dread it every single day. We have yet to find anything to relieve the pain and discomfort and restlessness. Paul and I have tried everything. I keep hoping that one night will go by without this miserable time. A few prayers in that direction wouldn't hurt. Well, Paul is home and Brandon and his harem are coming over for dinner. Jemme wants meatloaf so that is what we are having.

Love and hugs all around.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

If blogging about the pain helps in anyway at all....blog on!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home