Thursday, June 15, 2006

Food poisoning??

So, Paul has been over it since Monday. I am still suffering. I managed a piece of toast today. At least I thought I had until 6 hours later when it made itself known to my intestinal system. I think it is time to call the doctor's office. A clear liquid diet is not making the time go any faster at all.

I have a lot of time to think these days. I remember the oddest things from my life. Today was a day of mostly happy memories. Paul and I getting married twice due to the comedy of errors. Larry bursting out of his shell, becoming the actor he is today. I still think his role as Daddy Warbucks was his best. He made me cry. Brandon and friends coming over to eat dinner and watch movies with us. Mandy and Casey and their antics always bring a smile to my face. Jim and Betty and the whole clan getting together over food and laughing as we didn't pass the butter to Jim. He threw his roll to Betty to get it buttered. Yes, many, many good memories.

I almost resorted to watching Doctor Phil today but was saved by my afternoon nap. God bless the afternoon nap.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

Yeah! That nap is an important part of my day. I take it usually right after lunch. For a long time Mom was sitting in the lounge chair watching some home "make-over" show while I lay on the couch. If I got up to soon she'd always remark: "That wasn't a very long nap." I still hear that phrase from time to time.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger aniroo said...

Afternoon naps are one of the unsung wonders of the world. Sometimes if I get up really early in the morning, I'll have a mid morning nap instead, on weekends of course. Get yourself to the doc about that food poisoning thing. It could be a medication problem or something else.?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home