Monday, June 12, 2006

I left the house

That's right. I actually got out of the house this weekend. On Saturday afternoon, Paul and I went to see X-Men 3. The movie was good and the pain level was acceptable. The new theatre down the street has some very comfortable chairs that rock and that let me keep the blood moving in my leg.

As if that wasn't enough for me, we then went to Kohl's. Kohl's is my new favorite store. We had a 30% coupon that applied to our total purchase. We got a new blender, a KitchenAid for $54. Considering it is normally $100, I thought we did quite well. Kohl's has wheelchairs so Paul patiently wheeled me around the store to do a little shopping. I had a blast.

So, there is life outside these walls and I hope to be able to see more of it in the coming week.

The only other news is that Paul and I both got food poisoning yesterday. He seems to have recovered better than I have. It is taking me a little longer because of my post op immune system. Today, I am just trying to rehydrate.

Love to all.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Glad to hear you got out of the house. I'm familiar with cabin fever, it can make you feel like you're going crazy. Good deal on the blender. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning though, kinfa rotten to kick someone when they're already down.

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

So much for eating on the outside. Congrats on your getting out of the house.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home