Wednesday, July 26, 2006

This work thing is hard

Intel has gone a little nutty. We laid off 1,000 managers on July 13 with their end date being July 28. That makes for a lot of work right now. And we got news that more cuts were going to be made. We just don't know who or where yet. I just didn't realize how much work stress invades my life until I was off for 7 weeks and came back. I have been having work nightmares the last couple of nights. I suppose I will start taking my anti-anxiety medicine before bed again.

The knee has been giving me a great deal of trouble since returning to work. I still go to physical therapy twice a week. Randy, my PT, says that I am making very good progress. But he also said the pain I am feeling could last as long as 6 months. Six months?!?! If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have had the surgery. One of the aides at the clinic says that my legs are getting buff. I just laugh at the thought that there is anything buff about me. :-)

We had a nice birthday with Larry. I made him the cake I made for Paul but he had chocolate pudding for a filling. He seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. Because it was over 100 degrees, we did take him out to dinner at PF Changs, an upscale Chinese restaurant. We had a great time and enjoyed the truly awesome food.

It is hard to believe that it is almost August already. I don't know where the first 7 months of the year went. It has been a busy year full of change, pain and sadness. But, it has also brought love, light and laughter as well. I guess it has been bittersweet. I am hoping that the rest of the year brings more joy than tears, more hope than despair, and more love than anything else.

Peace, love and joy,
Louise

3 Comments:

At 8:16 AM , Blogger aniroo said...

Every spring we go through the stress of worrying who will be offered a contract for the next year and each summer we worry about who will have taken a job somewhere else and not be coming back, but it is NOTHING like what you describe. I can't imagine the stress. Take care!

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

Morning Star is always in there reading the family Blogs. I do hope that Intel will find its way and that the AMD thing will fade away. Nice to know that Apple, at least, believe in you.

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger jiffypete said...

Speaking of the heat last Sunday dad and I went out to eat because it was to hot to cook and heat the house more

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home