Saturday, August 05, 2006

Life is weird

Weird I can live with. Depressing, I cannot. And certainly, after the events of the last week, I can say life could be very depressing.

We have to move. We don't have a choice. We are being kicked out of our home in the name of progress. The trailer park has been sold to a group that is turning it into retail space, office space and townhomes. We found out when we got home from work on Tuesday. There was the ominous envelope in the mailbox. It wasn't Ronda's lawyer so we knew we weren't being asked for even more child support.

It didn't seem real at first. This is our home. We have made it our home. I take pride in my rose garden. I enjoy it. I love this place. Sure, it's a mobile home but it is our home. They offered us $5K if we get out by February. Not upfront, of course, we get the money the day we leave. The trailer can't be moved. We can't sell it. It is worth nothing now, except to the county tax assessor. It still doesn't seem real.

We went looking at apartments today. They aren't the same as my home. I am going to have to get over that part. Nothing is going to be the same as our home. Yes, we had plans to move out in two years but that was our plan, not someone else's. Now is God's plan. We can't afford to buy a place so we are stuck back in apartment land. 41 years old and moving into an apartment. Yippee-ye-ki-ay.

I am so very sad. And then, we got the news about Jimmy. I am even more sad. I pray for his continued health and for peace. I pray for peace a lot. God, please bless Jim, Cec, Nat and Jon. Hold them and surround them in your loving embrace.

Louise

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

That is too sad. I'm thinking that you will see if you have any legal recourse? Maybe once the shock wears off you'll find some other options? I hope so.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

It was so good to have you and Paul in my big old empty home for a short time even as we hate the reason why your were here.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home