Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mom is better...

My mom is doing better. She is having to learn to take things easier and not cram everything into one day. The doctor says it will be a long recovery from the pneumonia given her other health issues and her age. She is doing better though. It is going to get better.

I have started pulling out the things that are bothering me and letting go if I need to. I spent Tuesday night crying. It is okay to cry. I have also learned that it is okay to say no, not only to my manager at work but to life. I don't have to deal with everything at once. It is going to take time for me to come to grips with what is going on but that is okay too.

We are cleaning out the house and getting ready to move. We are going to have a huge garage sale to get rid of stuff. If it doesn't sell, it goes to Goodwill. I am not moving stuff I haven't used in years. We are being very space conscious as we make decisions. It is sort of liberating to decide we can live with less than we have.

I have also been talking to God. I woke up feeling as if I were in his arms and he is holding me through everything. I can do everything through God who strengthens me. I am learning to give those problems to him and let him guide me through the storm. I am trying very hard to listen to what he says. I had a dream the other night. I am trying to decipher what it means.

Dad and Annie, thanks so much for your support and love. I can't do this without you.

Love and hugs.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM , Blogger aniroo said...

Great news!

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger jcurmudge said...

That a girl! God is my strength a shield. A very present help in time of need. And the rest of time as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home